Editing Like A Pro:
While there are a vast number of video editing software available for PC, free video editor apps for Android smartphones are no less in the Google Play Store. They are convenient to work with and have a collection of amazing features. Here, we have compiled a list of best Android video editor apps for 2019 which are free in the Play Store. With these editors, you can arrange the clips to perfection and also upload the videos to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
10 Best Android Video Editor Apps Of 2019
FilmoraGo is remarkable Android video editor app which is liked by many users. All the primary functions like trimming, cutting, adding themes, music, etc. can be easily performed. You can also make square 1:1 videos for Instagram, 16:9 videos for Youtube, create reverse videos, add transitions, slow motion, text, etc. to beautify your video.
FilmoraGo has got some in-app purchases, but most of the amazing features are available for free. You can either save the videos in your gallery directly or share it straight to any social networking site. It displays a wordmark at the end of the video, but you can remove it with the upgrade.
Special Features Of FilmoraGo
- Clips can be previewed in real-time.
- Photos and videos can be imported from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- A large collection of templates and effects.
- A set of professional editing tools.
Adobe Premiere Clip enables you to edit any video right from your Android device quickly. It is fast and fun to use. The best feature about Clip is the automatic video creation capability, i.e., the app can automatically create videos for you with any photos or clips that you choose. Moreover, you can also create your videos with its multiple video editing functions like cutting, trimming, adding transitions, music, filters, effects, etc.
It is free to download and does not display any ads. It also has direct video sharing capabilities for sharing videos on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Automatic mode for creating videos instantly.
- Created videos can be exported to Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Auto Mix feature dynamically balances the background music in videos.
VideoShow has received numerous awards and is undoubtedly one of the best video editing apps for Android available in the Play Store for free. With a user-friendly interface, VideoShow is reliable and easy to use. Apart from the essential functions, you can also beautify your video by adding text, effects, music and sound effects or perform live dubbing.
There are over 50 different themes available, and you can also reduce the size of your video by compressing it. The videos do not lose any quality and have no video duration limits. This FilmoraGo alternative app has support for almost all Android devices.
Special Features of VideoShow
- 50 elaborate themes to beautify videos, vlogs, and slideshows
- Blurred background, options to adjust audio speed and voice enhancement features
- Multiple background music can be added to a video.
- The soundtrack of a video can be converted to mp3.
PowerDirector is a fully featured android video editor that has an easy-to-use timeline interface, but it might take you some time to get used to the controls. However, once you become an expert with this app, you can create professional and effect rich videos within seconds. It has over 30 different effects and transition effects to choose from and add to your video.
Using this app, you can create awesome green screen videos. PowerDirector also comes with tutorial videos for all of its functions. Most of its features are available in the free version, but upgrading to the full version allows you to remove watermark, ads, and even to extract videos in 1080 and 4K resolutions. It is supported in Android 4.3 and above.
Special Features of PowerDirector
- Videos can be exported in 4K with hardware support.
- Slow-mo video editor for creating slow-mo video FX.
- Chroma key selector for imparting transparencies in videos and layer effects.
Combined with the well-designed interface along with powerful features, KineMaster is a convenient video editing tool for Android. It enables the drag-n-drop technique to import different media files easily. KineMaster offers remarkable levels of control over the editing process to create professional videos quickly. You can add different types of transition between video fragments, or insert blocks of texts or subtitles.
However, the removal of the watermark and full access to premium assets can only be accessed if you purchase the professional edition of the app. Besides this, most of the functions come in the free version.
Special Features of KineMaster
- Multiple layers of videos, images, text, effects, overlays, stickers and handwriting can be combined.
- Instant preview feature for viewing the editing
- Precise volume control from moment to moment within a clip
Quik is another smart way to create excellent videos. It is fast and free. Select any of your favorite photos or video clips to make your own stories with Quik. The best thing about Quik is that it comes with automatic video creation capabilities. You can crop videos, add effects, texts, and quickly sync everything to the beat of any music.
Once you have completed the creation of the video, you can save it to your camera roll either in 1080p or 720p, or even directly share it on the social networking sites. Quik is reliable and does not display any annoying ads. It deserves to be featured in this list of best Android video editor apps for its features and convenience.
Special Features of Quik
- Transactions are automatically synced to the beats of background music
- Quik is compatible with GoPro as well as Motion Photos
- Videos can be saved in 60fps for smooth playback
- You can save edited videos as drafts for finishing editing later.
Also read: 10 Best Android Video Chat Apps For 2018 | Free Video Calling Apps
VivaVideo has a lot of impressive video editing features. The app is thoughtfully designed to help you create professional looking videos directly from your Android. You can choose from hundreds of user-friendly effects that range from stickers and filters to animated clips and subtitles. It has an inbuilt slow motion video maker and slideshow maker. The essential functions of cutting and pasting videos, trimming, merging clips, etc. can be easily operated.
VivaVideo has over 200 million users worldwide, and also one of the best video editing apps for Android. You can also directly share your work to different social networking sites.
Special Features of VivaVideo
- Built-in slow motion video editor.
- A wide variety of collage templates and themes to choose from.
- Video collage maker for merging video clips.
Funimation video editor is perfect for creating fun videos easily. It can instantly transform everyday moments into creative videos and enables automatic sharing options to different social sites. It has over 100 advanced video effects which are designed to be a perfect match for editing short videos. You can even make short video loops which can be entertaining.
Funimation requires signing in before using the app. You can also get followers and follow other accounts in it. It is one of the free video editing apps, but the displayed ads can be annoying.
Special Features of Funimation
- More than 100 advanced video effects for making cool videos
- DIY effects from pre-existing photos stored in your smartphone
- Feature to make collab videos with friends
- A dedicated Funimation video community
Magisto is a great video editor app for those who don’t have a formal video editing experience. It combines video clips, photos, music, text, video effects, and video filters to help you make an excellent video without much effort. Just select one or more video clip and a song for the soundtrack and the app will automatically create a video within a few minutes.
Magisto uses a sophisticated A.I. that analyzes the videos and chooses the most interesting fragments. It usually produces an excellent result in video making. This FilmoraGo alternative is free with some in-app purchases.
Special Features of Magisto
- Excellent auto-editing feature
- Direct option to share videos on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, and Twitter
- Advanced tools for vloggers and marketers
It is another good video editor worthy to be on this list of best video editing apps for 2019. The app is 100% free with intuitive video editing tools which are easy to handle. The app offers an efficient means of making 16:9 videos or videos for Instagram in squared format.
Overall, the app is useful for making short videos, but it displays a lot of ads which can be very disturbing.
Special Features of Movie Maker Filmmaker
- Motion track animation effects and text animation effects
- Music slideshows feature
- A host of stickers, filters and cinematic effects
Did you find this list of 10 best video editing apps for android to be helpful? Share your reviews in the comments.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License